Hot off the presses: Center Founder and Director James S. Gordon, MD’s new Sounds True audiobook, Freedom from Depression: a Practical Guide for the Journey launches today!
Based on Dr Gordon’s enormously popular book Unstuck: Your 7 Stage Journey Out of Depression, the audiobook contains new experiential and didactic material. Quoting the Sounds True website:
The true source of healing from depression comes from within—not from doctors or medications. Yet when depression drains away our vitality and will, how can we find the energy to help ourselves? With Freedom from Depression, Dr. James S. Gordon reveals a new and empowering approach for dealing with this misunderstood condition—a way out of the darkness that helps you restore balance and joy to your life.
- The science of depression—dispelling common myths about genes, drugs, and lifestyle
- Antidepressants—taking a hard look at the value and limitations of drug-based treatment
- Neuroplasticity—why our ability to rewrite the brain’s neural circuitry empowers us to overcome depression
- Simple mediation practices for balancing the emotions, body, and spirit
- Using self-hypnosis and guided imagery to relieve anxiety and find inner calm
- Diet, movement, and creativity—effective ways to bring a sense of delight back into your life
- The seven stages of the journey to wholeness
To listen to Sounds True’s podcast of Dr. Gordon’s interview about the book, click here.
To purchase the CD or audio download, click here.