Begun in 2005 to help heal the suffering post-Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, this program has expanded its focus to include Southeastern Louisiana after the BP oil spill in 2010.
- 80 health professionals have been trained in mind-body medicine.
- 30 have received Leadership Training.
- Mind-Body Medicine graduates created The Mind-Body Center of Louisiana, an independent non-profit providing continuing support for this work.
- 3 Certified graduates have joined the Center’s Mind-Body Medicine faculty.
- 40+ local organizations have been represented.
Our mind-body medicine model is now used in Tulane University and Louisiana State University Medical Schools.