This universally acclaimed professional training program provides health professionals with the foundation they need to effectively integrate nutrition into clinical practice—and their own lives. Food As Medicine’s remarkable faculty includes the country’s leading lifestyle medicine clinicians and researchers as well as some of our most gifted holistic nutritionists, mind-body practitioners, patient advocates, and chefs.
Participants will leave grounded in the fundamentals of sound nutrition, knowledgeable about cutting-edge research, and prepared to confidently and compassionately guide their patients toward practical life-giving healthy nutrition. Delicious, whole-foods meals are served, along with lively food demos that further inspire a meaningful nutritional transformation.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available for health professionals working with underserved communities and full-time medical school faculty with financial need. You can support this work by donating a scholarship in a loved one’s honor or memory, and help the next generation of integrative practitioners bring nutrition into their work with underserved populations!
What You Will Learn
- Core Imbalances: Root of Disease & Opportunity to Heal
- Nutrition in Practice: Case Studies & Clinical Pearls
- Macronutrients, Micronutrients & Phytonutrients
- Digestive Healing: A Holistic Approach
- Cutting Edge Laboratory Assessment
- Condition Specific Nutrition Therapy
- Detoxification: Mind, Body & Spirit
- Evolution of the Human Diet
- Women’s Health & Prenatal Care
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Mindful Eating
- The Art of Self-Care
- Nutrition & Community Action
- Rx in the Kitchen: Cooking for Health
Who Should Attend?
- MDs, DOs, NDs & DCs
- RD’s, Nutritionists & CHHC’s
- Medical, Nursing & Nutrition School Faculty
- Medical, Health & Public Health Students
- Clinical Faculty in Residency Programs
- Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Community Health Practitioners
- Other Health Professionals