The information below is for 2015 programs.
2016 continuing education information will be posted as it becomes available.
Course Learning Objectives
At the end of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Outline and critically evaluate current models of nutritional therapy.
- Use a scientifically-based approach to nutrition in treating patients.
- Recognize options for integrating nutritional therapies into a comprehensive clinical practice.
- Assess the nutritional status of patients; to prescribe individualized diets; and identify and support the psychological needs of patients changing their diets.
- Answer their patients’ questions about nutrition.
- Discuss how environmental issues impact food safety and public health.
- Identify ways to effectively disseminate nutrition information to your community
- Explain to patients the practical information about food and cooking required to design, prepare, and eat a healthy diet.
The FAM Kripalu program is eligible for the following CEs:
- 20.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 21.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 21.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $30 additional charge
- 21.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
*Click on title to expand