Workshop on Mind-Body Skills for Children, Teens & their Families
Advanced Mind-Body Medicine
February 27, 2015 from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
Sofitel San Francisco Bay
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
This workshop on is open to those registered for the Adult Track, and mandatory for those taking the Children & Teens Track during the Advanced Mind-Body Medicine training. It will provide an overview on how to work with kids and teens of all ages using mind-body medicine. It will include information on working with traumatized children and children with special needs, and working together with parents and children. The workshop will include interactive experiential learning and Q &A. Lunch is also included.
Track on Working with Children, Teens and Their Families
The Children & Teens workshop described above is mandatory for all taking the Children & Teen’s Track.
The focus of the track is on teaching mind-body skills in a child-friendly way, with age appropriate toys and materials that enhance a young person’s understanding of stress reduction and self awareness.
The Children & Teen’s Track includes:
- A manual developed by our senior faculty working with children and teens, with plenty of developmentally-appropriate ideas, worksheets, and didactic information which can be used in private, group, school, community and hospital settings
- Group coaching as well as individual consultation on participants’ specific situations in working with kids, teens, and families
- The opportunity to practice presenting the didactic in children’s terms, along with the adult group “check in”, providing important experience on multi-levels
- Studying the PowerPoints provided ahead of the training
- Basic reading on child psychology/development, if you are not currently working with children/teens
We recommend that you take this track only if the majority of your work is with children/teens. If you work equally with children and adults, we suggest you come to the Advanced Training twice.
When registering, select the Children’s Track or the Adult Track plus the mini-workshop.
Questions? Contact email@example.com