About the Position
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is looking for an accounting intern. This position is ideal for someone who wants to learn the accounting and finance side of a nonprofit, or has an interest in accounting, math, or finance and wants to use those interests to help others.
The responsibilities include:
- Processing check deposits through a check scanner
- Processing Accounts Payable through a scanner.
- Reviewing and reconcile staff expense reports for credit card receipts.
- Reviewing and reconcile reports from international programs.
- Receive and register invoices
- Filing paid invoices in the vendor files.
- Pulling invoice and other documents for our annual audit
- Preparing labels and files at the beginning of the year for vendors.
- Answering the phone
- Other projects as needed
Experience and Competencies Required
Skills/qualities required: Detail-oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines; quick and analytical thinker; proficiency in proofreading; punctual and responsible; proactive in problem solving; excellent organizational skills; capability of working with minimal supervision.
The schedule is flexible, usually 2-3 days a week.