About the Position
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Washington, D.C., with a mission to help communities around the world develop the tools they need to heal population-wide trauma. Whether impacted by war and other forms of violence, climate-related disaster, public health crises, poverty and racism, or any of the many other conditions and circumstances that can affect population-wide mental health, for over 30 years, CMBM has partnered closely with community leaders to deploy a pioneering trauma-relief model that combines evidence-based methodologies for both self-care and mutual support, with the wisdom and cultural values that bind and are important to the people they serve. In this way, communities that partner with CMBM develop the toolkits they need to address trauma when it strikes, efficiently, effectively, and in a manner that resonates as authentic, respectful, and sustainable.
By “teaching thousands to heal millions,” our work has expanded exponentially in recent years.
Our work is expanding due to the relevance of our trauma-healing model and we are seeking a full time Bookkeeper to join our team.
The Bookkeeper will assist in managing our day-to-day accounting requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
This role will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Record transactions in general ledger
- Process donations and other income and deposit into bank account
- Process vouchers for expenses and other payables including receipts as backup
- Process payment for approval
- Maintain vendor files
- Perform credit card reconciliations including receipts as backup
- Assist with international programs reconciliation and reporting
- Assist with preparing annual audit
- Enter data into financial, development and other databases
- Provide administrative support when required
Experience and Competencies Required
- 2-3 years experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks (desktop and online versions)
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Ability to effectively balance time and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
Starting salary range is $45,000 – $50,000 and will be commensurate with experience within the organization’s salary structure.
Benefits include health, dental and optional vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, paid sick leave, optional 401K, life insurance, and a SmartBenefits Employee Account for use with the D.C. Bus and Metro system.