About the Position
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Washington, DC, has been a pioneer in the movement to make self-care, self-awareness and mutual support fundamental to healthy living and to the healing of population-wide stress and trauma in the U.S. and in devastated areas around the world. Individuals, institutions, communities and countries have been transformed by using the Center’s model. Currently, our work is expanding exponentially. Please visit cmbm.org for additional information.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is currently seeking a Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Record transactions in general ledger.
- Process donations and other income and deposit into bank account.
- Process vouchers for expenses and other payables including receipts as backup.
- Process checks for signature.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Perform Credit card reconciliations including receipts as backup.
- Assist with international programs reconciliation and reporting.
- Assist with preparing annual audit.
- Enter data into financial, development and other databases.
- Provide administrative support when required.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks.
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively balance time and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Competitive depending on experience and commensurate with the organization’s salary structure.