The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM) is a non-profit educational organization founded in 1991. Our mission is to make self-awareness, self-care, and group support central to all healthcare; the training of health professionals; and the education of our children. Founded and directed by Dr. James S. Gordon, CMBM uses an evidence-based model of self-care, self-awareness, and group support to promote population-wide healing and personal transformation. CMBM has worked with communities in wartime, post-war, and natural disaster situations, including working in Kosovo, Gaza and Israel, Southern Louisiana post-Katrina, Haiti following the 2010 earthquake, and with Syrian refugees in Jordan, as well as with first responders after 9/11, in Newtown, Connecticut following the tragedy at Sandy Hook, and with active duty military and veterans across the country. Our work has been published in major academic journals where findings, in Kosovo and Gaza, have demonstrated that CMBM’s model may reduce symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder by 80%.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Washington, DC, has been a pioneer in the movement to make self-care, self-awareness and mutual support fundamental to healthy living and to the healing of population-wide stress and trauma in the U.S. and in devastated areas around the world. Individuals, institutions, communities and countries have been transformed by using the Center’s model. Currently, our work is expanding exponentially. Please visit cmbm.org for additional information.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is currently seeking a Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Record transactions in general ledger.
- Process donations and other income and deposit into bank account.
- Process vouchers for expenses and other payables including receipts as backup.
- Process checks for signature.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Perform Credit card reconciliations including receipts as backup.
- Assist with international programs reconciliation and reporting.
- Assist with preparing annual audit.
- Enter data into financial, development and other databases.
- Provide administrative support when required.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks.
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively balance time and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Additional Position Details
Competitive depending on experience and commensurate with the organization’s salary structure.
Location and Travel Requirements
Based in Washington, DC (near Nebraska Ave. and Connecticut Ave.)
Submit your application and cover letter via Indeeed You can address your cover letter to Maureen Rieras.
Only selected candidates will be contacted; no calls or drop-ins, please.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is an equal opportunity employer. For more information visit www.cmbm.org.