About the Position
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Washington, D.C., with a mission to help communities around the world develop the tools they need to heal population-wide trauma. Whether impacted by war and other forms of violence, climate-related disaster, public health crises, poverty and racism, or any of the many other conditions and circumstances that can affect population-wide mental health, for over 30 years, CMBM has partnered closely with community leaders to deploy a pioneering trauma-relief model that combines evidence-based methodologies for both self-care and mutual support, with the wisdom and cultural values that bind and are important to the people they serve. In this way, communities that partner with CMBM develop the toolkits they need to address trauma when it strikes, efficiently, effectively, and in a manner that resonates as authentic, respectful, and sustainable.
By “teaching thousands to heal millions,” our work has expanded exponentially in recent years.
Our work is expanding due to the relevance of our trauma-healing model and we are seeking a Project Manager to join our team. Our trainings are currently held in an online format but we hope to resume in-person in the future, so our ideal candidate will have familiarity with both types of events and educational programs.
The Project Manager will manage the seamless execution of CMBM’s trauma-relief programs in communities across the U.S. Working closely with a Program team and Clinical team, the Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating the pre- and post- project activities and overseeing the project scope and budget.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is both passionate about CMBM’s mission and experienced working in diverse settings. We are looking for someone who is creative, willing to bring new ideas, and ready to learn in a fast-paced environment. This person should be detail-oriented and possess a high level of organizational skill.
This role will report to a Program Manager and work closely with Project Coordinators.
Overarching Position Responsibilities
- Plan and execute activities in accordance with the mission of The Center for Mind-Body Medicine
- Manage and support implementation of project activities
- Oversee Project Coordinators supporting project activities
- Collaborate with Program Manager and clinical team to determine material needs for training participants and faculty
- Manage coordination of training manuals and materials with Lead Clinician and Program Manager
- Work with the clinical team to develop training schedules and determine presentation and faculty contracts needs
- Create pathway for and oversee participant registration
- Manage communication with program participants
- Post-training support
- Monitor implementation status with our supervision team (are our participants using the skills they’ve learned to run groups, workshops, etc.)
- Document project impact, develop stories, share program information, and contribute to funding reports
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date program records and data
- Understand project overview and detailed oversight of implementation
- Work with the Program Manager and finance department to monitor project budgets and project expenses
- Maintain monitoring and reporting systems to ensure projects are meeting deadlines and objectives
- Communicate with Program Manager about any issues that may arise during the roll out of the project
Experience and Competencies Required
Qualifications and Competencies
- Three years of event or project management experience preferred
- Self-motivated, self-managing problem solver with the capacity to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently while coordinating work efforts with multiple parties
- Experience working with online registration and learning management systems and online meeting platforms (ex: Zoom)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and diplomacy when handling sensitive information
- Experience working with executive-level leaders
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Full fluency in Microsoft Office products and G Suite applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Upbeat, creative, and professional demeanor
- Ability to be a team player and practice team-oriented problem solving
- Strong communication
- Dedication to customer service
- Ability to identify and use relevant information when making decisions while also being flexible and thinking creatively
Compensation & Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience, within the organization’s salary structure.
Benefits include health and dental Insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, optional 401K.