About the Position
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is seeking a Research Intern to support ongoing projects and programs for the Summer. The research intern will report to CMBM’s Executive Assistant, Ella Asnin.
CMBM is seeking a Research Intern to provide research support to Dr. Gordon, the CMBM Research Associate, and other members of the CMBM staff, as needed. The position is for Winter/Spring and is based in the Cleveland Park area in Washington, DC. Our satellite office has a small staff and an informal, intimate work environment. The Research Intern will report to CMBM’s Research Associate.
- Providing research support (e.g. literature reviews) for Dr. Gordon’s writing projects
- Conduct research to support The Center for Mind-Body Medicine’s current projects and programs
- Complete writing assignments, such as blog posts and PowerPoints, as needed
- Create, post, and monitor social media postings for Dr. Gordon’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Garner users to follow/like Dr. Gordon.
- Assist with general administrative tasks, as needed.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Prior research experience in the areas of integrative medicine, health and mental health, neuroscience, and/or nutrition
- Proven interest in the mental health field
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to responsibly and consistently meet deadlines and contribute a proactive approach
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Above-average proficiency Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine and the professionals and populations we serve
- Intellectual curiosity
Preference will be given to current or recent graduate school or medical school students, though talented and committed undergraduates are welcome.
This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship. When time and space is available, we aim to provide outstanding interns with the opportunity to participate in CMBM training programs.
Hours are flexible, with a minimum commitment of 20 hours/week.
For more information, please contact: Linda Hanes at [email protected]