About the Position
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is seeking a Research Intern to support ongoing projects and programs for the Fall 2021 semester. The research intern will report to Dr James Gordon’s Executive Assistant, Jonah Miller.
CMBM is seeking a Research Intern to provide research support to Dr. Gordon, the CMBM Research Associate, and other members of the CMBM staff, as needed. The position is for the Fall 2021 and is based in the Cleveland Park area in Washington, DC. Our satellite office has a small staff and an informal, intimate work environment. The Research Intern will report to CMBM’s Research Associate.
- Providing research support (e.g. literature reviews) for Dr. Gordon’s writing projects
- Conduct research to support The Center for Mind-Body Medicine’s current projects and programs
- Complete writing assignments, such as blog posts and PowerPoints, as needed
- Create, post, and monitor social media postings for Dr. Gordon’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Garner users to follow/like Dr. Gordon.
- Assist with general administrative tasks, as needed.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Prior research experience in the areas of integrative medicine, health and mental health, neuroscience, and/or nutrition
- Proven interest in the mental health field
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to responsibly and consistently meet deadlines and contribute a proactive approach
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Above-average proficiency Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine and the professionals and populations we serve
- Intellectual curiosity
Preference will be given to current or recent graduate school or medical school students, though talented and committed undergraduates are welcome.
This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship. When time and space is available, we aim to provide outstanding interns with the opportunity to participate in CMBM training programs.
Hours are flexible, with a minimum commitment of 20 hours/week.
For more information, please contact: Jonah Miller at [email protected]