About the Position
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Washington, DC. CMBM has been a pioneer in the movement to make self-care, self-awareness and mutual support fundamental to healthy living and to the healing of population-wide stress and trauma around the world. Individuals, institutions, communities and countries have been transformed by using the Center’s model. Please visit cmbm.org for additional information.
In this COVID-19 era, our work is expanding due to the relevance of our trauma-healing model. We are seeking a Trauma-Relief and Community Wellness Program Manager to join our team during this time of organizational growth. The expansion of our programs combines in-person and online training formats, so our ideal candidate will have familiarity with in-person and online events and educational programs.
The Trauma-Relief and Community Wellness Program Manager will manage the development and implementation of CMBM’s trauma-relief programs in communities across the U.S. Working closely with key stakeholders and community partners in education and health systems, the Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating the overall scope of the program as well as managing the day-to-day details.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is both passionate about CMBM’s mission and experienced working in diverse settings. We are looking for someone who is creative, willing to bring new ideas, and ready to learn in a fast-paced environment. This person should be detail-oriented and possess a high level of organizational skill, while also focusing on building relationships in complex settings. We are a dynamic non-profit with a talented and dedicated staff that care deeply about the mission and people we serve. We are looking for someone to join our amazing team and contribute to an office culture that reflects the work we do.
I. Program Development
- Manage the development and implementation of CMBM’s comprehensive wellness programs in education and health systems across the U.S.
- Set, communicate, and maintain program implementation timelines and priorities.
- Manage operational and administrative functions to ensure the programs are delivered efficiently.
- Work with the Program Director and finance department to monitor program budgets and project expenses.
- Monitor and report program activity status and challenges to the Program Director.
- Work with key stakeholders including partners, participants, and funders to engage community members in program roll out to ensure success of program.
- Create and cultivate relationships with current and future stakeholders to assure program continuity.
- Oversee the creation and development of methodology to standardize assessment and evaluation of participants, in collaboration with the clinical team.
- Establish and maintain monitoring and reporting systems to ensure programs are meeting deadlines and objectives.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved. Troubleshoot issues that may arise during the roll out of the program.
- Gauge the overall outcome and impact of the program and prepare reports on findings and recommendations for improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date program records and data.
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to the Program Coordinator.
II. Program Implementation
- Manage creation and production of training manuals and materials in coordination with Lead Clinician and Program Director.
- Work with the clinical team to develop training schedules, presentations and faculty contracts. Create and manage program registration.
- Manage communication with program participants and key stakeholders.
- Produce program documents and materials for training participants.
- Manage program faculty contracts, work orders, payments and associated communication.
- Produce and disseminate program documents and materials to faculty.
- Oversee coordination and purchase of training supplies, onsite meals, and other materials.
- Plan and coordinate staff and faculty onsite accommodations and ground transportation.
- Manage faculty and staff travel to training sites.
- Oversee logistics and implementation of clinical supervision in coordination with clinical team and Associate Director of Program Development.
- Establish and maintain communication structure for efficient and effective flow of information to and among all key stakeholders, including program staff, faculty, management and partners.
- Generate key communication tools and guide production of outreach materials (displays, brochures, flyers, articles, press releases, website and background materials).
- Document project impact, develop stories, share program information, and contribute to funding reports.
Experience and Competencies Required
- At least three years of program management experience.
- Self-motivated, self-managing, problem solver with the capacity to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work independently while coordinating work efforts with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working with online learning management systems and online meeting platforms (ex: Adobe, Webex, Zoom).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and diplomacy when handling sensitive information.
- Experience working with executive-level leaders.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Full fluency in Microsoft Office products and G Suite applications.
- Upbeat, creative, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to be a team player and practice team-oriented problem solving.
- Strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Negotiable depending on experience and commensurate with the organization’s salary structure.
- 3 weeks of paid annual vacation (accrued at a rate of 4.61 hours per pay period)
- 5 days of paid sick leave (accrued at a rate of 1.54 hours per pay period)
- Health and dental insurance
- Optional 401K plan (you are eligible to participate after your first month. Note that CMBM does not contribute to 401K plans)
- Smart Benefits Plan with Washington DC Metro
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is an equal opportunity employer. For more information visit www.cmbm.org.