About the Event
Psychological trauma—suffering the losses we most dread or being wounded where we are most vulnerable—can cause chaos in previously ordered lives, freeze progress in active ones, or both.
In this program, James S. Gordon, a Harvard-educated psychiatrist and author of the new book The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma, offers safe, practical ways to explore, grow through, and move beyond trauma. Join him to learn how to
- Understand the psychobiology of trauma
- Identify post-traumatic stress symptoms
- Practice meditation to quiet agitation and gain perspective
- Use self-expression and group support to relieve stress and trauma
- Resolve psychological numbing and physical freezing.
- Discover new meaning, purpose, and love
Required reading James S. Gordon, The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma
Recommended reading James S. Gordon, Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey Out of Depression; Stephen Cope, The Great Work of Your Life; Robert M. Sapolsky, Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers; Marion Solomon, Healing Trauma; and Bessel van der Kolk, The Body Keeps the Score.