Frequently Asked Questions
- I have lots of experience with mind-body medicine. Can I take the Advanced Mind-Body Medicine training right away?
Advanced Training is opened only to those who completed the initial Mind-Body Medicine Professional Training Program. Sorry – no exceptions!
- Can I get the student rate?
We do not have a student rate for this program. If needed, you are welcome to apply for a partial tuition scholarship.
- Can I attend half/part of the program?
- What does my tuition cover? Does the tuition include accommodations? How can I reduce my travel costs?
Tuition covers all lectures and lunch during the program. The tuition does not include any other meals or accommodations. Visit the Travel page for information on our discounted room rate (book early to assure availability!)
- I need a paper registration to give my employer for approval- what do I do?
Please register online with a minimum $200 deposit. After completing registration you can print an invoice and have your institution send a check. Please make the check payable to: The Center for Mind-Body Medicine and send to: The Center for Mind-Body Medicine, 5225 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 414, Washington, DC 20015. We must receive your check prior to the deadline indicated on the Tuition page to avoid your card being charged the remaining balance. Contact [email protected] if there is a delay in obtaining a check.
- Can I register over the phone/fax?
We encourage all attendees to register online in our online registration system (it only takes 5-10 minutes and is secure). If you would like to register by phone, please contact us at (202) 966-7338 x219.
- I find your National and Regional work very interesting, and want to become faculty. How do I do that?
Our faculty members for Global Trauma Relief programs are chosen from among our most experienced faculty world-wide. To be considered in the future, the path starts with attending the initial Mind-Body Medicine Training followed by Advanced Mind-Body Medicine and Certification.
- Can I purchase conference recordings since I can't attend? Do you have online programs?
Unfortunately, because this training has such large experiential portion, none of it can be taken online or as a long-distance course at this time.
- I teach yoga or qigong and would like to teach at Advanced Mind-Body Medicine. Whom do I contact?
Please email [email protected] with your name, a description of your practice, and your CV. You will be contacted if we are in need of an additional teacher.