Food as Medicine
This universally acclaimed professional training program provides health professionals with the foundation they need to effectively integrate nutrition into clinical practice—and their own lives. The Center for Mind-Body Medicine provides a curriculum for physicians, registered dietitians, and educators to bring back to their communities.
Participants will leave grounded in the fundamentals of sound nutrition, knowledgeable about cutting-edge research, and prepared to confidently and compassionately guide their patients toward practical life-giving healthy nutrition.
Delicious, whole-foods lunches are served during the professional nutrition training program along with lively food demos that further inspire a meaningful nutritional transformation. Partial scholarships & CEUs available.
Food As Medicine’s remarkable faculty includes the country’s leading lifestyle medicine clinicians & researchers as well as some of our most gifted holistic nutritionists, mind-body practitioners, patient advocates, & chefs.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine will be presenting Food As Medicine for Women’s Health at The Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California from May 19-24, 2019.
What You Will Learn
- Food-based solutions for chronic disease prevention and management
- Understanding hormones for health, happiness, and a vital life pre- and post-menopause
- Energy: The adrenal and thyroid connection
- Digestive distress, including microbiome-centric strategies for bloating, IBS, reflux, and more
- Autoimmune conditions and a science-based immune recovery plan
- Healthy weight management and blood sugar strategies
- Anxiety, depression, panic, and stress solutions
- How nutrition helps chronic pain and fibromyalgia Integrated cancer care
- Vitamins, minerals and herbal guidelines
- Preconception and prenatal health
- Mindful eating, meditation, movement and the art of self-care
Who Should Attend
- MDs, DOs, NDs & DCs
- RD’s, Nutritionists & CHHC’s
- Medical, Nursing & Nutrition School Faculty
- Medical, Health & Public Health Students
- Clinical Faculty in Residency Programs
- Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers
- Community Health Practitioners
- Other Health Professionals
Mind, Mood, & Food Professional Training
About the Training
Mind, Mood & Food brings together thought leaders in medical and integrative-nutrition fields to present research and practical tools for clinicians and health-conscious individuals interested in improving their mental and emotional well-being with food. Explore a new science-based approach using nutrition to support optimal brain health and to address personal health challenges– for yourself, your clients, and your family. Learn from world-renowned clinicians, nutritionists, mind-body practitioners and chefs.