- No Events or Training found.
Our trainings focus on practical techniques for self-care and mutual support. We teach participants to focus their skills in supportive small groups, as well as with individuals and families and in classroom settings. Learn the science and skills of meditation, guided imagery, biofeedback, and self-expression in words, drawings, and movement.
Take a look inside what happens at our Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine
What You Will Learn
- Make evidence-based mind-body techniques, including meditation, guided imagery, biofeedback, written dialogues, and genograms an integral part of your life and your practice.
- Experience self-expression in words, drawings, and movement, and learn to use these creative approaches with others.
- Learn the latest scientific evidence for these techniques and how they bring positive change to our physiology and psychology.
- Experience CMBM’s pioneering Mind-Body Skills Group.model and learn to lead these groups.
- Bring new vision, more effective practice, and greater joy to your life and work.
- Become part of a worldwide community of healers.
Who Should Attend
- Physicians (MD, DO, ND, DC & others) & Physician Assistants
- Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Mental Health & Pastoral Counselors
- Emergency Medical Personnel
- Military & Veteran Providers
- Massage Therapists & Yoga Therapists
- Occupational Therapists & Recreational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Dietitians & Nutritionists
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine Professionals
- Clergy & Religious Leaders
- Administrators of Cancer Care Organizations and Institutes
- Other Allied Health Professionals
- Describe the theory and practice underlying mind-body medicine.
- Define the purpose of groups for teaching and experiencing mind-body medicine.
- Practice and recognize the role of movement, exercise, and breathing as mind-body modalities.
- Demonstrate the use of drawings as mind-body modality.
- Practice and recognize the role of biofeedback and autogenic training as mind-body modalities.
- Practice and recognize the role of guided imagery as a mind-body modality.
- Practice and recognize the role of meditation as a mind-body modality.
- Realize the role of emotions in mind-body medicine.
- Realize the importance of self-awareness in mind-body medicine.
- Recognize the importance of genograms as a mind-body modality.
- Demonstrate the drawing of a genogram.
- Describe the use of mind-body skills in dealing with trauma.
- Recognize the importance of spirituality in healing.
- Realize the importance of mindful and healthy eating as part of self-awareness.
- Demonstrate a method for ending the final group of a session.
- Assess how to begin to use mind-body skills in clinical practices and/or teaching.
Advanced Mind-Body Medicine
Advanced Mind-Body Medicine teaches participants how to use this approach with individuals and families and in classrooms, as well in CMBM’s signature “Mind-Body Skills Groups”. After Advanced Mind-Body Medicine, we provide supervision, mentorship, and certification, to help our graduates enhance their skills as they integrate our model into their work and their lives.