January 31, 2018
CMBM Founder and Executive Director, James S. Gordon, MD will discuss using food to help you move beyond burnout. This bonus webinar is the final webinar in a series of Mind, Mood & Food webinars presented by The Center for Mind-Body Medicine and hosted by leading nutrition author, speaker and integrative nutritionist Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN, LDN.
The burnout — the physical, emotional, and spiritual exhaustion, cynicism, withdrawal, and poor performance that afflicts painfully large numbers of health and mental health professions, that so many others also feel and suffer from — can be transformed from a calamitous endpoint to a hopeful wakeup call.
In this webinar, you will become aware of the beliefs and attitudes, the conditions and forces that may have quenched your creative fire and chilled the warmth of your compassion.
Drawing on 50 years of work with patients, students, and colleagues and The Center for Mind-Body Medicine’s ground-breaking program of self-care and group support, Dr Gordon help you to discover and embrace ways of being and doing that will reignite your fire and keep it burning with life-giving, life-celebrating heat.
- Recognize burnout in yourself, your patients, clients, and colleagues, and learn to see it as an opportunity for transformation.
- Practice quieting the agitation and relentless self-criticism that make personal and professional satisfaction so difficult.
- Learn to raise the energy in tired, stressed out, burnt out bodies.
- Mobilize your imagination to discover how you can continue to burn with light and creativity, joy and compassion.
CEUs for Registered Dietitians may be available for participants who attended the live broadcast
About the Presenter
James S. Gordon, MD
James S. Gordon, MD, a Psychiatrist, is the Founder and Executive Director of The Center for Mind-Body Medicine. A Georgetown Medical School Professor, he chaired the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine and is the author of Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey Out of Depression.
About the Host
Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND
Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND, EBQ is the co-founder of the Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy, www.IFNAcademy.com, a comprehensive, online, educational program for dietitians interested in functional medicine.
Notable in her dietetic career, Kathie has served as the Education Director for the Center for Mind Body Medicine’s highly acclaimed Food As Medicine professional training program for almost two decades.
Kathie is the co-author of The Inside Tract: Your Good Gut Guide to Health with Dr. Gerard Mullin. Her most recent book, The Swift Diet: 4 Weeks to Mend the Belly, Lose the Weight, and Get Rid of the Bloat, with co-author Joseph Hooper features the latest science on the microbiome. Connect with Kathie at www.kathieswift.com
Mind, Mood, and Food: A Food As Medicine Seminar
Kathie will join James Gordon, MD and some of the leading professionals in mindful eating for a special presentation of our program, Mind, Mood, and Food at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, CA on April 15-20, 2018.
Mind, Mood, and Food Webinar Series
This is the last webinar in The Center for Mind-Body Medicine’s Mind, Mood, and Food Webinar Series. Join us for the entire series:
- October 25, 2017 7:30-8:30 PM EDT – Nourish and Nurture – Understanding the Role of Food and Feeding in Healthy Development presented by Deb Phillips, MS, LDN
- November 15, 2017 7:30-8:30 PM EDT – Leaky Gut: Fact or Fantasy presented by Sheila Dean, Doc, RDN, LDN, CCN, CDE, IFMCP
- December 13, 2017 7:30-8:30 PM EDT – Overfed and Undernourished: Common Micronutrient Deficiencies presented by Mark Pettus MD, FACP
- January 17, 2018, 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST – Using Whole Foods as Medicine: A Primer on Treating Chronic Inflammation with Food – Tanmeet Sethi, MD
Thank you to the Scheidel Foundation for support of the Mind, Mood, and Food Webinar Series.