Women today face many health challenges and are more likely to suffer from autoimmune conditions, irritable bowel syndrome and depression. Cancer, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases remain leading causes of death among women. In this webinar series, thought leaders in lifestyle and mind body medicine give voice to some of the health issues women struggle with and offer their clinical wisdom and food for thought. We’ll continue to explore these and other topics unique to women’s health at Food As Medicine for Women’s Health, Esalen Institute in Big Sur, CA, May 19-24, 2019!
View Past Webinars
- Healing the Healer presented by Aviva Room, MD
- Taking Women’s Health to Heart presented by Cindy Geyer, MD
- Women and Autoimmunity: Understanding the Connection and Targeting Treatment presented by Susan Blum, MD, MPH
- Nutrition and Women’s Cancers: The Science Behind the Solutions presented by Joel Evans, MD
- The New Frontier of Healthcare: Medical Cannabis and CBD presented by Laura Lagano, MS, RD, CDN
- Movement, Nutrition, and Self-Care for Women: An Energy/Mitochondrial Perspective presented by Monique Class, NP
Thank you to the Scheidel Foundation for support of the Food As Medicine for Women’s Health Webinar Series.
Webinar Series Host
Kathie Madonna Swift – MS, RDN, LDN, FAND, EBQ
Mind, Mood & Food Webinar Series host Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND, EDQ is the co-founder of the Integrative and Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy, a comprehensive, online, educational program for dietitians interested in functional medicine.
Notable in her dietetic career, Kathie has served as the Education Director for the Center for Mind Body Medicine’s highly acclaimed Food As Medicine professional training program for almost two decades.