This program offers everything you need to know about using food to promote health and prevent and treat illness. Physician James S. Gordon and integrative nutritionist Kathie Madonna Swift team up with leaders in the worldwide movement for women’s health to present the most powerful, up-to-date nutrition science, focusing on:
- Food-based solutions and mind-body skills for preventing and managing chronic disease
- Healing the troubled gut and immune system with microbiome-based therapeutics
- The link between heart and brain vascular systems and mind, mood, and memory
- Using the mind-body connection to increase energy and decrease pain
- The connection between polycystic ovary syndrome and hormones, metabolism, fertility, endometriosis, and more
- Muscle and bone health including sarcopenia, osteopenia, and osteoporosis
- Nutritional medicine and the power of sleep
- Dietary supplements and botanicals for menopause
- The science and art of nutritional assessment
- Case-based examples and clinical pearls and tools for practice
- Mindful eating, meditation, movement, nature based therapies, and the art of self-care!
Enjoy cutting edge presentations, kitchen wisdom, lively cooking demonstrations, and nourishing spiritual practices that make healthy eating and vibrant living a reality for women of all ages.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine will be presenting this training at the world-renowned Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California.
One of the ingredients for health is purpose and meaning, and life doesn’t make sense without it.
Mark Hyman, MD
Kathie Madonna Swift on Food As Medicine
Course director, Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND shares why she is excited to introduce you to Food As Medicine for Women’s Health.