Psychological trauma—suffering the losses we most dread or being wounded where we are most vulnerable—can cause chaos in previously ordered lives, freeze progress in active ones, or both.
In this program, James S. Gordon, a Harvard-educated psychiatrist and author of the new book The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma, offers safe, practical ways to explore, grow through, and move beyond trauma. Join him to learn how to
- Understand the psychobiology of trauma
- Identify post-traumatic stress symptoms
- Practice meditation to quiet agitation and gain perspective
- Use self-expression and group support to relieve stress and trauma
- Resolve psychological numbing and physical freezing.
Trauma comes to all of us sooner or later, but we can learn to appreciate the spiritual growth that it can bring.