About the Event
This Friday, Lynne Twist, the Founder of The Pachamama Alliance (TPA), will join Dr. Gordon 3PM ET to explore “Caring for the Earth and Ourselves.”
Lynne will share with us how TPA is supporting indigenous peoples’ rights and rainforest preservation in the western Amazon basin and mobilizing a worldwide grassroots movement to understand and creatively address the devastating consequences of climate change.
They’ll discuss the calamitous psychological damage caused by climate change, and how mind-body approaches can help to repair the damage and equip us to preserve and protect the Earth.
In addition to her work with Pachamama, Lynne is the founder of the Soul of Money Institute and author of the best-selling book “The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life.”
Please feel free to message any inquiries to Lauren Baltimore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our New Self-Care Resources
The Transformation Self-care Resources are now available to help you effectively navigate the challenges of the Coronavirus pandemic. In these videos, made possible by the Scheidel Foundation, Dr. Gordon and members of the CMBM team provide practical, clearly explained, evidence based ways to best care for yourself and those you love: to reduce your stress, energize and relax your bodies, and mobilize your imagination. Click here to learn more.
The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma
By James S. Gordon, MD
The Coronavirus pandemic has brought – and will bring – significant disability and death to every country in the world. Understandably, government and private efforts have been directed at protecting populations against infection, and enhancing and developing facilities to provide medical care for those who have been infected. There is, however, a third dimension to the pandemic: the general health, resistance, and resilience of the people who are at risk. The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma (HarperOne) is the handbook for addressing this third dimension on an individual-, community-, and population-wide scale. It is the first comprehensive, evidence-based, step-by-step program for reversing the biological and psychological damage of the trauma that accompanies living in the time of the Coronavirus pandemic, and for discovering and growing through the psychological, physical, and emotional challenges of the Coronavirus.
- How meditation can be used to balance your physiology and psychology, to quiet the immune-inhibiting fight or flight and stress responses, and to decrease your anxiety and enhance your mood.
- How you can use guided imagery to maximize the effectiveness of your immune response as well as to help you make wise decisions about the challenges that confront you.
- How exercise and active expressive meditations can be used to lift your mood, decrease your anxiety, and lighten the emotional load that burdens many of us during this time of viral pandemic.
- How the trauma-healing diet– food, vitamins, herbs and other supplements- can be used to repair the trauma damaged gastrointestinal system, decrease your level of stress and vulnerability to inflammation, and maximize your immune response.
- How you can more easily reach out to others and create emotionally supportive, health promoting, healing connections- even during this time of enforced social distancing.
- And more….
Praise for The Transformation
“The Transformation is firmly grounded in science as well as in Dr. James Gordon’s 50 years of clinical experience. Bright with teaching stories and warm with compassion, it provides a step-by-step guide to healing life’s inevitable traumas and becoming who we’re meant to be.”
Andrew Weil, MD, Professor of Medicine and Public Health, The University of Arizona
“This book and its message of hope and healing – have arrived right on time. Both personally and globally, we are all going through the death of an old way of being which has included the deadly effects of intergenerational trauma. Whether this trauma is the result of racism, sexism, ageism, addiction, war, or violence, Dr. Gordon takes us right into the very heart of our power to be whole and transformed regardless of our past. Whoever you are, wherever you are, may you find solace, solutions, and peace within these pages.”
Christiane Northrup, MD, New York Times Bestselling author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
This book could give you back your life in unimaginable ways… It will also inspire you to say “yes” to the seemingly inconceivable and impossible, and bring it to life.
Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, Founder of Mind-Body Stress Reduction