Advanced Mind-Body Medicine
Apr 26-May 1, 2020
Big Sur, CA
Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine
Jul 17-21, 2020
Welcome! Please join us for an Online Mind-Body Skills Group! Reduce Stress and Build Resilience. Develop Effective Coping Skills. Enhance Well Being. Increase Self-Awareness.
Mind-Body Skills Groups have been developed over the last 30 years according to a model created by The Center’s Founder and Executive Director, James S. Gordon, MD, and the Senior Faculty of The Center for Mind-Body Medicine. These highly experiential and integrative techniques such as meditation, guided imagery, autogenic training, breath work, movement, self expression and other approaches are taught in a supportive environment.
Online Mind-Body Skills Groups are an educational program and not a medical intervention or psychotherapy group. However, in our groundbreaking work here at CMBM, we have discovered that sharing and connecting with others creates a wonderful and nurturing learning environment, helping you become more self-aware and engaged in self-care.
Our groups emphasize a sense of community. They are small, with 8-10 people and meet on a set day and time for 8 weeks, 2-hours each week. This format provides an opportunity to begin to integrate the mind-body skills into your life, in a real and practical way, with the support of the group to help you work through any difficulties along the way.
This online educational project has been launched to bring you the opportunity to experience The Center for Mind-Body Medicine’s time-trusted approach, in a way that’s most convenient for you.
You’ll practice the same Mind-Body Skills that we’ve used with hundreds of thousands of people around the world for almost 30 years, and you’ll benefit from the experience of this powerful small group support.
Our groups have been designed to be practical and grounded into your daily life. You’ll integrate what you’ve learned immediately into your daily life, maximizing your self-care and enabling you to deal more successfully with stress, all with a support and guidance of the CMBM Facilitator.
WHAT IS THIS NOT?
This is not a webinar nor an open or drop-in group. Instead this in an intimate and highly-supportive experience with a skilled facilitator who is also an equal participant in the group.
Who should join an online Mind-Body Skills Group?
Everyone can benefit from a Mind-Body Skills Group. We bring together people of all ages and backgrounds and with a variety of concerns and goals. Everyone who joins should be committed to undertaking a journey – the process of understanding and promoting an innate sense of well-being regardless of the presence or absence of specific symptoms or challenges.
What You Will Learn
The evidence-based skills that you will learn have been documented to help lower levels of stress, improve mood, enhance resiliency and optimism, and help prevent chronic health conditions.
These skills include:
- Meditation – Several different kinds, including concentrative, mindfulness, and expressive meditations – all of which promote relaxed, moment to moment awareness.
- Guided Imagery – To mobilize your imagination, to improve physiological functioning, and address concerns and problems that have previously resisted solutions.
- Autogenic training & Biofeedback – To develop control over autonomic system functioning, reduce stress, and bring mind and body into balance.
- Breath Work – Enhance your health through breath awareness
- Movement – To release stress and increase energy.
- Self expression – in words in journaling and drawing, to find solutions to previously insoluble problems
When are the groups and who will lead them?
The groups are led by our experienced facilitators. All have been trained by CMBM’s leadership and have successfully completed the Center’s certification program. Groups will meet once per week for 8 weeks with each group lasting two hours. To view facilitators’ biographies and group times, click here.
Other Requirements to Register?
- Please be least 18 years of age
- Please bring a commitment to participate in all 8 online group sessions and completing a short program evaluation.
- A desire to connect with, relate to, and understand others and their unique experience, equal to your own.