Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine
Confirmed Course Faculty
Father Robert Lyons, M.Div., BCC, CPES
Toni Bankston, LCSW, BACS
Lilita Matison, LCSW
Tanmeet Sethi, MD
About the Training
The Eskenazi Health Hoosier Heartland Healing Collaborative and The Center for Mind-Body Medicine will be hosting The Online Professional Training Program (5 days) on September 30, October 1, 2, 5, and 6, 2020 (NOTE: THERE IS NO PROGRAM OVER THE 3rd & 4th).
This is a community program, focused on teaching the evidence-based self-care model and techniques to the health care professionals and community leaders in the Indianapolis, Indiana region. A limited number of spots in this program are available to the public. Aspects of the training may focus specifically on the Indiana community, however, the CMBM model’s foundational essence will be maintained throughout the training.
This evidence-based, transformational online training gives you the science and tools you need to make mind-body medicine an integral, foundational part of your practice and your life. It is the first step in becoming certified by one of the world’s premier programs in comprehensive self-care and group support.
Participants will receive lecture recordings grounded in the science and research that support mind-body skills and will be able to review at their own pace before the live program begins. It is required to view these resources prior to the program commencement date.
The live, online training will feature engaging large group sessions as well as our small groups, where you will experience the evidence-based mind-body skills in an interactive and supportive environment.
What You Will Learn
- Make evidence-based mind-body techniques, including meditation, guided imagery, biofeedback, written dialogues, and genograms an integral part of your life and your practice.
- Experience self-expression in words, drawings, and movement, and learn to use these creative approaches with others.
- Learn the latest scientific evidence for these techniques and how they bring positive change to our physiology and psychology.
- Experience CMBM’s pioneering Mind-Body Skills Group.model and learn to lead these groups.
- Bring new vision, more effective practice, and greater joy to your life and work.
- Become part of a worldwide community of healers.
Who Should Attend
- Physicians (MD, DO, ND, DC & others) & Physician Assistants
- Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Mental Health & Pastoral Counselors
- Emergency Medical Personnel
- Military & Veteran Providers
- Massage Therapists & Yoga Therapists
- Occupational Therapists & Recreational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Dietitians & Nutritionists
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine Professionals
- Clergy & Religious Leaders
- Administrators of Cancer Care Organizations and Institutes
- Other Health Professionals
Pricing for this online training includes tuition and electronic course materials only.
Email [email protected] with the subject Scholarship Request – September Program. Please describe your work and include how a scholarship would help you and how you plan to use the skills in your practice/community.
Payment Policy: Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
Cancellation Policy: Participants who withdraw before September 23rd, 2020 will have the option to receive either a full refund or a credit in the amount paid towards another CMBM program within one year. All refunds will be issued after the training. Absolutely no refunds, for any reason, will be made for registrations canceled after September 23rd, 2020. Canceled registrations after September 23rd will be issued a credit in the amount paid to attend a CMBM training within one year. It is the participant’s responsibility to contact CMBM staff indicating which training they will be using their credit toward. Unused credits expire after one year. In the event of cancellation by the CMBM, we will refund any registration fees paid to the Center. Such refund shall represent its entire liability to the registrant.
Schedule – The training schedule is being finalized. Please anticipate to attend the program in its entirety from 8:30am- 5:00pm ET. The program schedule will operate under Eastern Time Zone. (NOTE: THERE IS NO PROGRAM OVER THE 3rd & 4th). This is a professional training program, full attendance is required except in rare, unforeseen circumstances.
Continued Education Credits
Please note: While we try to keep up to date on CEU information for various professions, we recommend that you contact your licensing board directly to confirm that your profession will accept CEU credits.
Approved Continuing Education Credits
What are the technology requirements?
- You will need consistently reliable and quality internet connection.
- Using a desktop or laptop computer is strongly recommended. A phone or tablet can be used as a backup if your primary device fails.
- It is also required to have a web camera (built in or external), microphone (built in or external) and headphones in order to participate in small groups and other live sessions. Web camera, microphone, and headphone use is required throughout the small group sessions as this is a vital factor in the group experience.
- We will be using Adobe Captivate Prime as our learning management & Zoom as our video conferencing technology. Closer to the program date, you will receive instructions for using these systems.
How do I prepare a private space for participation?
- You should participate in the training from a quiet location where you will not be distracted by household or work disturbances such as phones, pets, children, etc. Important: A private space away from others is required during small group sessions. This will help support a safe, confidential environment for sharing in the group.
- Headphones are strongly recommended during small group sessions to minimize audio feedback (static, echo etc) and so that others in the home will not overhear the group sharing.
- You should be mindful of your background and check your lighting. We recommend avoiding sitting with your back towards a bright window.
What are the participation guidelines?
- Commitment to punctual attendance for all 5 days. This is a training program‐‐we ask for a commitment from you to attend the entire training program, including all didactic and group sessions, except in rare, unforeseen circumstances. This is especially important for small group sessions as your presence and participation impacts the others and the group process as a whole.
- Virtual Presence for small group sessions – Web camera & microphone must be active throughout the small group sessions as this is a vital factor towards group cohesion.
- Willingness to engage in experiential exercises and active participation during live large and small group sessions.
- Understanding that the training may evoke strong emotions. The training includes sharing of thoughts, experiences, and emotions in yourself and being present to others.
- Responsibility to keep all information shared in the small groups confidential. In this virtual setting, demonstrating respect for the other group members means:
- Participant will refrain from joining small group sessions in a public space or where others can see or hear the group activity.
- Participant will not share Adobe login information with others.
- Recording (both audio and video/screenshots) is strictly prohibited.
- Note: An important exception to this confidentiality rule is if any individual expresses an intent to harm themselves or others, in which case, CMBM would be required to take immediate, additional action in support of the situation.
No FAQs available at this time.