The next date for this program has not yet been scheduled. To be notified, join our mailing list.
This program, open to all clinicians and patient advocates, combines the precision of modern science with the wisdom of healing traditions to create effective and individualized treatment plans of integrative cancer care.
Through expert lectures and small group breakout sessions, we explore our individual attitudes toward cancer and treatment and discover ways to deal with the physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges. Throughout the weekend, we explore crucial areas of integrative care, including:
- Assessing conventional and complementary therapies
- Dealing with recurrence
- Facing issues of death and dying
- Using techniques of guided imagery for symptoms of cancer and chemotherapy
- Developing plans for life and healthy living
- Using acupuncture, yoga, and qigong to manage cancer symptoms and maintain energy levels throughout treatment and recovery
We also work to understand the experience of the cancer patient from a holistic biopsychosocial perspective to better address the full range of needs for cancer patients, and focus on the importance of mind-body medicine, nutrition, touch, and group support in the healing journey.