Food As Medicine
September 18 – 22, 2015
Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
Registration coming soon!
This universally acclaimed professional training program provides health professionals with the foundation they need to effectively integrate nutrition into clinical practice—and their own lives. Food as Medicine’s remarkable faculty includes the country’s leading lifestyle medicine clinicians and researchers as well as some of our most gifted holistic nutritionists, mind-body practitioners, patient advocates, and chefs.
Participants will leave grounded in the fundamentals of sound nutrition, knowledgeable about cutting-edge research, and prepared to confidently and compassionately guide their patients toward practical life-giving healthy nutrition.
Delicious, whole-foods meals are served during the training along with lively food demos that further inspire a meaningful nutritional transformation.
“I learned more in 4 days here about nutrition and how it impacts health
than I had learned in 7 years of training.”
Karla A. Hirshorn, MD, Laurens Family Practice, Laurens, SC
- Core Imbalances: Root of Disease & Opportunity to Heal
- Nutrition in Practice: Case Studies & Clinical Pearls
- Macronutrients, Micronutrients & Phytonutrients
- Digestive Healing: A Holistic Approach
- Cutting Edge Laboratory Assessment
- Condition Specific Nutrition Therapy
- Detoxification: Mind, Body & Spirit
- Evolution of the Human Diet
- Women’s Health & Prenatal Care
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Mindful Eating
- The Art of Self-Care
- Nutrition & Community Action
- Rx in the Kitchen: Cooking for Health
- Hands-on Cooking Demonstrations
CEU’s & Partial Scholarships Available
Who Should Attend?
- MDs, DOs, NDs & DCs
- RD’s, Nutritionists & CHHC’s
- Medical, Nursing & Nutrition School Faculty
- Medical, Health & Public Health Students
- Clinical Faculty in Residency Programs
- Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Community Health Practitioners
- Other Health Professionals
- Fast Facts about the program history
- Recent Food As Medicine blog posts
- Community Nutrition Resources
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mind, Mood & Food: Optimal Nutrition for the Brain
A Food As Medicine Seminar
March 13 – 15, 2015
Hosted by Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
This seminar brings together the latest in science, mind-body and food-based approaches to improve brain health, dramatically reduce stress and improve quality of life. Join us and our superb faculty to learn from practical lectures on repairing, refreshing and nourishing the brain.