Food As Medicine
June 6 – 9, 2013
JW Marriott Indianapolis
This highly praised professional training program provides the best introduction to medical nutrition therapy in the US, offering participants the latest in science-based nutrition education together with the knowledge, confidence and compassion required to successfully guide patients towards life-giving, healthy nutrition.
After eating colorful, healthy, whole-foods meals during the training, attendees are often inspired to transform their own and their families’ diets, and to authentically recommend healthy transformations for their patients.
This is the healthy nutrition class that healthcare professionals tell us they’ve been looking for.
- Sustainable Agriculture & the Evolution of the Human Diet
- Nutrition in Practice: the 7 Key Factors
- Understanding Core Imbalances
- Macronutrients & Micronutrients: the Building Blocks
- Cutting Edge Laboratory Assessment
- Digestive Healing: A Holistic Approach
- Brain Health
- Modulating Oncometabolic Syndrome: Nutrition & Cancer Care
- The Blood Sugar Solution
- Mindful Eating
- Vegetarian, Vegan & Raw
- How to do it? Integrating healthy nutrition into your practice & institution
- Condition Specific Nutrition Therapy
- Rx in the Kitchen: Cooking for Health
Who Should Attend?
- MDs, DOs, NDs & DCs
- RD’s, Nutritionists & CHHC’s
- Medical, Nursing & Nutrition School Faculty
- Medical, Health & Public Health Students
- Clinical Faculty in Residency Programs
- Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Community Health Practitioners
- Other Health Professionals
CEU’s & Partial Scholarships Available
Mind, Mood & Food:
Optimal Nutrition for the Brain
A Food As Medicine Seminar
March 15 – 17, 2013
Co-sponsored by Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
Designed for curious health professionals & non-professionals alike
Our new seminar brings together the latest in science, mind-body and food-based approaches to improve brain health, dramatically reduce stress and improve quality of life. Join us and our superb faculty to learn from practical lectures on repairing, refreshing and nourishing the brain.