Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine
Our Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine teaches more than a dozen practical techniques for self-care and mutual support.
Participants will attend lectures on the latest research in mind-body medicine and experience CMBM’s pioneering Mind-Body Skills Groups. In these groups, they will practice a variety of techniques to reduce stress and enhance self-awareness, mobilize their imagination and intuition, and develop their capacity for self-care. They will, as well, share what they have learned with others and learn from one another in a forum of mutual learning and support.
This program is the first step in becoming certified in Mind-Body Medicine by CMBM.
What will you learn and experience?
- Learn to make evidence-based mind-body techniques—including meditation and mindfulness, guided imagery, biofeedback, expressive writing, drawing, written dialogues, movement practices, breathing and body awareness skills, and genograms/family history, and more—an integral part of your life and your practice.
- Experience multiple avenues for self-expression—including sharing, drawings, movement, and emotional expression—and learn to use these creative approaches with others.
- Learn the latest scientific evidence for these techniques and how they bring positive change to our physiology and psychology.
- Experience CMBM’s pioneering Mind-Body Skills Group model, learn the science, and experience the skills.
- Bring new vision, more effective practice, and greater joy to your life and work.
- Become part of a worldwide community of healers.
Who should attend?
- Physicians (MD, DO, ND, DC, and others) and Physician Assistants
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Mental Health and Pastoral Counselors
- Emergency Medical Personnel
- Military and Veteran Providers
- Community Organizers and Peer Counselors
- Massage Therapists and Yoga Therapists
- Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Recreational Therapists, and other Rehabilitation Professionals
- Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Complementary and Integrative Health Professionals
- Clergy and Religious Leaders
- Administrators of Cancer Care Organizations and Institutes
- Other Health Professionals
- Individuals who want to learn from and experience this healing modality and to spread this work
Is this training online or in person?
Right now, our trainings are offered 100% online. As we plan future programs, we are continuing to evaluate resuming in-person trainings.
I have lots of experience with mind-body medicine. Can I take the Advanced Mind-Body Medicine training right away?
Advanced Training is opened only to those who have completed the initial Mind-Body Medicine Professional Training Program. Sorry—no exceptions!
Can I attend half/part of the program?
No. Because this is a training program, not a conference, we ask for a commitment from you to attend the entire training program, including all didactic and group sessions.
Inside our Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine
Participants share how this training informed and inspired them personally and professionally.