In this thought provoking TEDx talk, Dr. Tanmeet Sethi (faculty member of The Center for Mind-Body Medicine) shares how the overlooked value of thankfulness can have surprising health and medical benefits.
Tanmeet Sethi, M.D. is an integrative physician, teacher, writer and mother. She is passionate about Real Medicine, not the kind that comes out of a bottle but the kind that comes from caring for ourselves through Real Food and Real Mind-Body Medicine. She has dedicated her career to teaching physicians and patients these ideals. She also teaches food as medicine classes in the community and is starting a new culinary medicine curriculum for resident physicians.
Join Dr. Sethi at Food As Medicine in Portland, Oregon from June 2-5 2016. She’ll be teaching Mind-Body Nutrition & Nutrition for the Developing Brain.
Make your reservation at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront! The hotel is where all our faculty lectures, meals, and activities will take place for Food As Medicine. Located on the banks of the Willamette River, featuring spectacular views of Mount Hood, the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront is within walking distance of top downtown attractions – kayaking, markets, shops, cafes, restaurants, and parks.
Have your hotel booking confirmation code ready, and register for Food As Medicine before March 1st to take advantage of our special flash discount: tuition is only $450. This is an incredible offer: Physicians save $745 off of full price! Other healthcare professionals save $475 & students save $225! To receive this special discount rate, please follow all of the steps below.
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1. Reserve your room at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront by clicking here, or by calling the hotel at 503-226-7600 and asking for the “Food As Medicine/The Center for Mind-Body Medicine” rate of $209/night (exclusive of taxes and fees)
Step 2. After you book hotel reservation, ask for your reservation confirmation number (you will need this when you register for Food As Medicine)
Step 3. Click here to register for Food As Medicine
- You’ll be taken to a page that requests that you enter your email address twice.
- In the “Please select registration type” pull-down menu, please select “Flash discount.”
- Then press the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, please enter your personal information and then,
- Complete the “Other info” section. In this section, click “Yes I have made reservations at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront” and input the hotel reservation confirmation number given to you by the Marriott Downtown Waterfront hotel.
- Complete the “Additional Participant Information” section below and click “Continue”
- Complete the rest of the registration pages and you’ll receive $450 tuition.
*Note – this flash discount can not be combined with scholarships, early bird or any other discount or promotion. This discount is exclusively available to participants who are registered for, and staying at, the Portland Marriott Waterfront hotel. This offer is a first come, first serve basis and is based solely upon hotel availability.