Advanced Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine
Ready to deepen your knowledge and experience of mind-body medicine? Learn to lead our signature Mind-Body Skills Groups, and gain the tools to share mind-body techniques with individuals, families, and in classrooms.
What is the Advanced Training Program?
Our Online Advanced Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine is the second step in the most complete experiential and didactic training in mind-body medicine available—anywhere. It is also the next step as we continue our commitment to working with you on your professional growth and development. This training teaches participants how to use CMBM’s mind-body medicine techniques with individuals, families, and in classrooms. Participants will also learn CMBM’s signature “Mind-Body Skills Groups,” complete with a detailed manual describing each session and discussing solutions to common issues that arise in groups.
Please note that this training is open only to those who completed the initial Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine. Sorry – no exceptions.
What is the Children’s Track?
If the majority of your work is with children and/or teens, and you plan to teach mind-body skills to children after the training, we recommend our Children’s Track. In this training, you will learn how to teach mind-body skills to children using age-appropriate toys and materials. You will also learn how to enhance a young learner’s understanding of stress reduction and self-awareness. As you facilitate your group, you will present didactic material in an age-appropriate manner to practice leading a group as you would in your community or workplace, but the group check-in and process will be as adults.
If you work with children and adults, we recommend attending the Adult’s Track Advanced Training Program and attending the Children’s Workshop.
In order to participate in the Advanced Training Program on the Children’s Track, you must also attend a mandatory Children’s Workshop. Please note that this training is open only to those who completed the initial Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine. Sorry – no exceptions.
What will you learn?
- Organize and give a didactic presentation on one or more mind-body approaches.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a mind-body skills group.
- Describe how to deal with different personalities in a group (i.e. people who are withdrawn or who talk excessively).
- Outline how to deal with one’s own psychological issues in the context of a mind-body group.
- Describe ways to regulate the timing of the pace when leading a group.
- Explain how to integrate mind-body medicine into one’s own practice or institution.
- Identify possible ways to establish a mind-body program.
Who should attend?
- Physicians (MD, DO, ND, DC, and others) and Physician Assistants
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Mental Health and Pastoral Counselors
- Emergency Medical Personnel
- Military and Veteran Providers
- Massage Therapists and Yoga Therapists
- Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Recreational Therapists, and other Rehabilitation Professionals
- Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Complementary and Integrative Health Professionals
- Clergy and Religious Leaders
- Administrators of Cancer Care Organizations and Institutes
- Other Health Professionals
- Anyone interested in learning from and spreading CMBM’s healing model
What comes next?
After completing the Online Advanced Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine, participants can start the supervision process or apply for our Certification Program in Mind-Body Medicine to further enhance their skills as they integrate our model into their work and their lives.
I find your work very interesting and want to become certified faculty. How do I do that?
Our faculty members for CMBM programs are chosen from among our most experienced faculty worldwide. To be considered in the future, the path starts with attending the Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine followed by Advanced Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine, and lastly by being accepted into our Certification Program.
Is this training online or in person?
Right now, our trainings are offered 100% online. As we plan future programs, we are continuing to evaluate resuming in-person trainings.
I have lots of experience with mind-body medicine. Can I take the Advanced Mind-Body Medicine training right away?
Advanced Training is opened only to those who completed the initial Mind-Body Medicine Professional Training Program. Sorry – no exceptions!
Can I attend half/part of the program?
No. Because this is a training program, not a conference, we ask for a commitment from you to attend the entire training program, including all didactic and group sessions.