Advanced Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine
Our Online Advanced Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine is the second step in the most complete experiential and didactic training in mind-body medicine available—anywhere. The Advanced Training Program is the next step in our continued commitment to your professional growth and development. As such, the training represents an opportunity for increased specificity. We offer two tracks to help you tailor your training experience to the populations you serve: the Adult Track and the Children and Teens Track.
Please note that this training is open only to those who have completed the initial Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine. Sorry—no exceptions.
This training teaches participants how to use CMBM’s mind-body medicine techniques with individuals, families, and in classrooms. Participants will also learn to lead CMBM’s signature “Mind-Body Skills Groups,” complete with a detailed manual describing each session and discussing solutions to common issues that arise in groups.
Which track is right for you?
Do you work primarily with adults? If so, we recommend that you enroll in our Adult Track. If you work with all ages, consider enrolling in our Adult Track and Children and Teens Workshop.
Children and Teens Track
Do you work primarily with children and teens? If so, we recommend that you enroll in our specialized Children and Teens Track, which includes our Children and Teens Workshop.
What will you learn?
- Organize and give a didactic presentation on one or more mind-body approaches.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a Mind-Body Skills Group.
- Describe how to deal with different personalities in a group (e.g., people who are withdrawn or who talk excessively).
- Outline how to deal with one’s own psychological issues in the context of a Mind-Body Skills Group.
- Describe ways to regulate timing and pace when leading a group.
- Explain how to integrate mind-body medicine into one’s own practice or institution.
- Identify possible ways to establish a mind-body program.
Who should attend?
- Physicians (MD, DO, ND, DC, and others) and Physician Assistants
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Mental Health and Pastoral Counselors
- Emergency Medical Personnel
- Military and Veteran Providers
- Massage Therapists and Yoga Therapists
- Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Recreational Therapists, and other Rehabilitation Professionals
- Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Complementary and Integrative Health Professionals
- Clergy and Religious Leaders
- Administrators of Cancer Care Organizations and Institutes
- Other Health Professionals
- Anyone interested in learning from and spreading CMBM’s healing model
What comes next?
After completing the Online Advanced Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine, participants can start the supervision process or apply for our Certification Program in Mind-Body Medicine to further enhance their skills as they integrate our model into their work and their lives.
Expand the tabs below to find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Advanced Training Program.
Is this training online or in-person?
Right now, our trainings are offered 100% online. As we plan future programs, we are continuing to evaluate resuming in-person trainings.
I have lots of experience with mind-body medicine. Can I take the Advanced Mind-Body Medicine training right away?
Advanced Training is opened only to those who have completed the initial Mind-Body Medicine Professional Training Program. Sorry—no exceptions!
Can I attend half/part of the program?
No. Because this is a training program, not a conference, we ask for a commitment from you to attend the entire training program, including all didactic and group sessions.